Red Star Kickboxing an Unincorporated Association, operating as a non-profit sporting organisation. Red Star is run by a committee of volunteers who over see the day to day running of the club.
The origins of Red Star Sport Martial Arts were established in a school hall in Cabra, in 2004. From a local part time club, Red Star has evolved into a professional full time training club with a host of internationally recognised fighters.
Post the Covid-19 pandemic Red Star Kickboxing has relocated from its full time premises to Gaelscoil Bharra in Cabra, Dublin 7. Even though Covid-19 has played havoc with our club time table, Red Star continues to be one of the most well known martial arts clubs in the country.
Red Star is known for it’s warm and inclusive atmosphere. We are a child friendly club, 80% of our membership are under 18. Our focus is on developing strong and confident sport martial artists, promoting fitness and a healthy lifestyle.
Pre-Covid We had a number of classes designed specially for each developing stage of a child’s growth.
- Starting at 4 years of age we have the Little Kickers Programme, this is a class based on learning through play. Introducing core skills training such as balance, coordination and motor function.
- Little Kickboxers is our next stage of development classes. This is for ages 7 through to 10 years. This class introduces the children to the sport of Kickboxing in a fun and safe environment. There is light contact controlled sparring.
- Our Cadets programme is for the developing child at an age of 10 until 12 years.
- Junior Squad is for the teens, from 13 years to 17 years and is focused on the competitive elements of Kickboxing.
- Our adult training programmes are all designed towards promoting activity, participation and fitness. We want to get you off the couch for an hour to come and train with us. Look after your cardio vascular fitness and your heart health with an hour of Kickboxing training. No sparring and no pressure, just good hearty training!
We hope to get back to this level of activity in the near future.
All our coaches are certified by the Irish Martial Arts Commission which is the government recognised national governing body for Martial Arts in Ireland. All our coaches have valid first aid certificates. All our coaches are Garda Vetted and all have acquired Safeguarding 1 and Safeguarding 2 courses. Red Star is a proud member of Kickboxing Ireland.
If you have any further questions, please do get in touch. We’d be happy to welcome you at our club anytime, reach out to us on our Facebook page or Instagram page or email us – firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply!