As of 2022, our club Children’s Officer is Néidín Coulahan.
Néidín holds a 2nd degree black belt and has been training for over 15 years. Néídín is also a primary school teacher and holds a BA in Human Development and PG in Education. Néidin can be contacted directly by email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The role of the Children’s Officer.
1. Comply with Sport Ireland policy
2. Ensure the club, coaches and the committee considers a safe, child centered
environment in activities and undertakings
3. Advocate for safeguarding policy within the club
4. Voice for young people in the club, co-ordinating opportunities for young people to
express views and opinions
5. Ensure young people are treated fairly and with equity
6. Ensure young people in the club know how to contact a CCO
7. Designated Liaison Person (DLP) for the club responsible for reporting concerns,
disclosures or allegations of abuse to the statutory authorities
8. Assist the club with the Child Safeguarding Statement and Risk Assessment